Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Transatlantic Christian Council (TCC)

I would like to introduce Henk  Jan Van Schothorst on the right and Todd Huizinga on the left, the founders of the Transatlantic Christian Council.

See :

http://www.tccouncil.org/






On the 13th October 2017 I e-mailed the Pro-Life/Pro-family Coalition, that I have worked with the last 23 years , to say that I would be coming to the meeting on 26th October and that would be my last trip as my employment with SPUC would end on 31 October.

Then three days later I received this beautiful e-mail from Henk, I am sure he will not mind me quoting him:


Date: 16/10/2017
Subject: Re: Next Coalition meeting  -  my farewell visit

Dear Peter,

I've no words to express my feelings of thankfulness for the kind of person you have been to me and for what you've done for Transatlantic Christian Council in obtaining the special consultative status at ECOSOC and for the Pro-Life work at the UN. 

Your kindness, professionalism, faithfulness and many more good things will be kept as a treasure and example in my memory.

Two quotes from you, which transmit your unpretentiousness and experience, come to my mind: 'Ministry of the Presence' and a prayer suggestion at the doorstep of the UN building: 'Lord, please give me one delegate today to talk with'. Very useful!

Al these good feelings are mixed with sadness that you will no longer be around in New York, where you belong to the fixed furniture as a reliable brother and tireless defender for unborn people.
Unfortunately, this time I cannot attend the coalition meeting in person on Friday, Oct 27. But hope we can keep in touch. Always most welcome here in the Netherlands! (And I still owe you a great dinner ;-)

Thanks for all and wishing you all the best,

King James Bible - Matthew 16:18 
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock, I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Henk Jan van Schothorst


The same day I replied to Henk’s very nice e-mail and said I would like to have the steak dinner he owed me, for helping with TCC’s accreditation to the UN.  Then Henk replied the same day not only offering to pay for me to come to Holland at his expense and perhaps working with TCC in some way. Also that he would take me fishing on the North Sea. So we arranged for me to visit mid December and also to meet up with Bert Dorenbos and speak at his March for Life on 9 Dec.
A day or so later I had a message from the Lord to “Pass on the baton “ to Henk with the UN work. I had been trying to get a paid job in Scotland for the previous few months and was not sure which way to go. I offered to show Henk what I did at the UN and he could then do it himself. After several e-mails, it became clear that Henk wanted to have me work for TCC. This put paid to the Scottish job. 

So on the morning of 26th October, I got the official offer from Henk to work for TCC. So at the Coalition meeting that day I was able to say it was not my last visit after all.

The next Sunday 29th Oct I went to what I thought was my last visit to my church, Graffiti. There they gave me a very nice plaque and a book about New York signed by many church members.


Plaque from Graffiti church

Pastor Taylor, me & Pastor Kareem.


Then on 31 Oct, I went to see my friends John & Rebecca Hodges in Jackson Tennessee. While there I met with Todd Huizinga, the other founder of TCC. We met in Memphis and had a very good meeting.


On 21 Nov. Henk is coming to Scotland to meet with me. He will be speaking at my Church that night. I will also be going to Holland 8 to 13 Dec as planned.


If you no longer wish to be on my mailing list please e-mail me and say unsubscribe.




No comments:

Post a Comment